Are you there, World? It's me, Nerdyke.

I'm not sure why I've decided to title this with a Judy Blume reference. I have never, ever read Judy Blume, not ever in my life. Too damn girly.

Yessir.

If I had picked up a Judy Bloom novel in my preadolescent years, I would have probably jerked my hand away, as if stung by a venomous, glittery vermin, and immediately rushed to shower away the girl cooties.

Nowadays, I do not mind being slathered in girl cooties.

Ahem.

I have created this blog because I still think making gay jokes about Saturday morning cartoons is funny, except when it's serious, because Lord knows I take everything seriously. Have you ever considered the feminist implications of The Muppet Babies? I hope to cover it one day.

You see, when I'm bored and online, I want to read all about how Scar from The Lion King is a mincing gay stereotype, and about Cillian Murphy playing pretty ladies and Judy Garland being wickedly camp, and the Internet is simply not paying up as much as I would like it to.

I need, I crave more!


Therefore, I have decided to "be the change you want to see", to quote Gandhi (or maybe not).

Yep, you heard right: this blog is inspired by freakin' GANDHI (maybe).



I hope to follow in Gandhi's footsteps by reviewing books, movies, comics, etc. from a queer perspective. I hope he would have been proud of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment